Essay Types According to Purpose in Writing
As you go up the ladder of learning, you are will be exposed to more and more essay types that you can write. In this manner, you will be able to expand your capacity to compose articles with different themes and purposes. For your convenience, let me give you some details about the different types of articles that are usually imposed by the teachers to their students. Take note that these essays have the same essay structures that will contain the introduction, body and conclusion paragraphs.
- Narrative essay – an article that tells a story about the writer’s experience, imagined plot or observation.
- Cause and effect essay – an essay type that introduces logical relationships of events.
- Definition essay – the type that defines a certain object, place, situation or personal characteristics.
- Argumentative essay – obviously this essay tends to argue for or against a certain issue.
- Persuasive essay – an article that explains the validity of things in order to influence the readers’ take on the same things in reference.
- Classification essay – something that is written to group things or subject for discussion according to certain principles.
- Expository essay – it can be in a form that provides information based on facts and accepted truths. Sometimes, it can also be called an informative essay.
- Critical analysis essay – the type of essay that analyzes another work for more in depth understanding of its contents.
Essay types are varied and will serve different functions for the writer. You can get ore details about writing an essay in our Samples section.