Twelfth Night Essay
Twelfth Night Essay: An overview
Twelfth Night, Or What You Will; is a renowned play written by William Shakespeare around 1601-1602. It is a comedy written for the twelfth night’s celebration marking the end of Christmas festival.
Twelfth Night essays can be asked to you as part of your literature assignments. Literature essays are not the same as normal essays. You will not be asked to submit an “essay about myself” as a part of your literature essay. you may have to submit Urdu essays as a part of your Urdu literature course. literature essays need a strong research on the topic you choose and your own perspective and insight on the topic. The very purpose of these types of essays is to develop the analytical expertise of a writer.
Twelfth Night essay can be written as a drama essay which discusses its five essential elements namely; Theme, plot, setting, characters and technique. You may write an essay based on any of the five or discuss them individually in your essay. For instance, you may discuss the characters of the play and emphasize on each character’s role in the play.
Follow these points while writing any of the Twelfth Night essays:
1) Before you move on to write the actual essay explore the original play and read it thoroughly. Discover the central theme of the play and develop an understanding of each character’s role and their contribution to the central theme of the play. Also read the reviews of various critics, which will guarantee your perception and will also make the play clear in your mind. When the characters need to be analyzed the play alone will not be enough. You will have to understand each characters feelings and emotions and try to build a perspective of each character to find the protagonists of the play.
2) Once you complete the research and have discovered all the aspects of the play, decide a strong title for your essay. Your title should be based on what type of essay you are going to write or the objective of your Twelfth Night essay. For instance, if you are writing a character analysis of Viola, the protagonist of the play, you should choose a topic accordingly.
3) Start with a concise and brief introduction describing the central theme of the play or the objective of your essay. Give indications of what you will be dealing with in your essay.
4) Each of your body paragraphs must deal with different aspects of the play you intend to highlight. Think of at least four such points to be included in your essay. For instance, the Twelfth Night play is divided in five different acts or parts; you can discuss them individually in each paragraph. Try to develop links between the paragraphs to present your essay as a whole.
5) Each of your important aspects or understandings has to be proved with evidence or an example. For instance, if you have a character analysis you will have to point out the sections in the play that you feel proves the role of the character. You can also include quotes from the play as your evidence but remember to lay them out correctly. Give new line and indents to each quote you write.
6) Conclude your essay with a summary of all the points and evidences you have provided with reference to your objective.
7) Remember being creative is the key to writing a good literature essay. You need not always have to follow others perception. You can provide your own point of view until you prove your points intelligently.
These points will be enough for you to write good Twelfth Night essays. Still if you need any professional help, masterpapers.com is a valid choice. They provide custom-made essays and a good research proposal example and have a money back guarantee in place in case you are not satisfied with their work.