Comparative Essay Outline
A Guideline for Comparative Essay Outline
Comparative essays are based on comparison of two or more views, persons or events. The two subjects may have similar features or issues. You can compare their advantages and disadvantages and provide your view in favor or against the subjects. Comparative essays can also be written on a single subject by comparing its different aspects. You could be asked to write an “essay about myself” through which you will be asked to compare your strengths and weaknesses.
Whether you write English essays or Urdu essays, every essay has a predefined format or outline of the form: introduction, body paragraphs and conclusion. In case of comparative essay outline the body hosts the comparison of two or more subjects with help of suitable examples. The comparative essays outline will give you a clear idea about the process of writing a comparative essay and will serve as great help when there is not much time to write an essay.
Incorporate the following points for Comparative essays outline :
1. Selection of topic should be such that a comparison can be made between any two subjects related to that topic. A comparison needs to have a strong backing of research. Thus do a proper research and make sure you have a complete knowledge of the topic and the subjects to be discussed.
2. Next is the introduction, which describes the central theme of the essay so keep it short, precise and accurate. Define your objective of comparing the two subjects and state in short the points you are going to include, for the readers to understand your preference. End the introduction with a thesis statement which can also include a claim or a point you want to make about the topic.
3. While writing the body of the essay you must be perfectly clear of the purpose of writing this essay. In a comparative essay the body also has significance on the structure or the order in which you compare the subjects. Though there are some sample structures for a comparative essays outline you could use the one you are comfortable with but make sure the reader understand all the points.
Some of the commonly followed practices are as follows;
- One method you could follow is by comparing each aspect of the subjects together in a paragraph and continuing the same throughout the essay. For instance take a topic as “plasma TV versus LCD TV”. You could compare these two products for their features in one paragraph and drawbacks in the other.
- Second method is to handle each subject individually and compare them in separate paragraphs. This method is helpful when you are dealing with a topic having more than two subjects to compare. You can handle each subject one by one and describe them separately. For instance if you are asked to compare “different forms of music”, you could explain them individually as per their popularity over the generations. But while using this method you need to be careful and attentive as you may discuss different points for different subjects and may not offer equal time to all.
4. At the end conclude the essay with a brief and general summary of the discussed points and their similarities and differences.
Though this comparative essay outline will help you in writing an effective comparative essay, you can take help of a professional essay writing service like masterpapers.com. They provide custom made essays and good research proposal example on your demand and have a money back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the service.
Tags: Comparative Essay Outline, Comparative Essay Outline tips, Comparative Essay topics, how to write comparative essays